Nadal beats Federer to win Abu Dhabi exhibition
Abu Dhabi: World number one Rafael Nadal claimed his first title of the year when he battled past Swiss ace Roger Federer to win the Mubadala world tennis championship exhibition tournament.
The Spaniard needed two tie-breaks before coming through 7-6 (7/4), 7-6 (7/3) against world number two Federer.
The rivalry between the two tennis icons is set to continue next week when they compete in the Qatar Open.
Swede Robin Soderling won his third-place playoff against Czech Tomas Berdych 6-4, 7-6 (7/3).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- China builds massive seaplane: State media
- 'Aam Aadmi Party has anti-women character'
- WATCH: 4 wickets in 6 balls - When Ajit Agarkar bowled devastating last over against Australia
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!
- Air India to get 6 more Boeing Dreamliners by next year