Nadal beats Soderling, reaches French Open semis
Paris: Rafael Nadal played as if he were still a bit upset about his only loss at Roland Garros, defeating Robin Soderling 6-4, 6-1, 7-6 (3) on Wednesday to reach the French Open semifinals for the sixth time.
The five-time champion lost to Soderling in the fourth round in 2009 but defeated him in last year`s final. The Spaniard is 43-1 at the clay-court Grand Slam and just two wins from equaling Bjorn Borg`s record of six French Open titles.
Maria Sharapova and Australian Open finalist Li Na reached the women`s semifinals and will face each other Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview