Nadal beats Soderling, reaches French Open semis
Paris: Rafael Nadal played as if he were still a bit upset about his only loss at Roland Garros, defeating Robin Soderling 6-4, 6-1, 7-6 (3) on Wednesday to reach the French Open semifinals for the sixth time.
The five-time champion lost to Soderling in the fourth round in 2009 but defeated him in last year`s final. The Spaniard is 43-1 at the clay-court Grand Slam and just two wins from equaling Bjorn Borg`s record of six French Open titles.
Maria Sharapova and Australian Open finalist Li Na reached the women`s semifinals and will face each other Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi