Nadal beats Soderling, reaches French Open semis
Paris: Rafael Nadal played as if he were still a bit upset about his only loss at Roland Garros, defeating Robin Soderling 6-4, 6-1, 7-6 (3) on Wednesday to reach the French Open semifinals for the sixth time.
The five-time champion lost to Soderling in the fourth round in 2009 but defeated him in last year`s final. The Spaniard is 43-1 at the clay-court Grand Slam and just two wins from equaling Bjorn Borg`s record of six French Open titles.
Maria Sharapova and Australian Open finalist Li Na reached the women`s semifinals and will face each other Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery