Nadal inaugurates his tennis school in AP
Hyderabad: World number one Rafael Nadal on Sunday inaugurated the Nadal Tennis School at the Anantapur Sports Village in Anantapur town of Andhra Pradesh and interacted with young tennis players.
Nadal, accompanied by his mother Ana Maria Parera, who is President of the Rafael Nadal Foundation, came to Anantapur last night from Bangalore and visited the sports academy which has been set up in collaboration with Fundacion Vincente Ferrer (FVF), the Spanish arm of the Rural Development Trust (RDT), an Anantapur-based NGO, officials said.
As of now the academy has three international class clay courts and Nadal inaugurated the central court, a police officer told a news agency over phone from Anantapur, adding Nadal also interacted and played tennis with budding players.
The sports facility is likely to be further expanded besides efforts were on to bring in star hockey players from Australia and Spain, who are to visit the RDT stadium to offertraining and for interaction.
Nadal also visited some nearby villages where the NGO runs centres for the visually-challenged and hearing-impaired and children with other disabilities, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey