Nadal inaugurates his tennis school in AP
Hyderabad: World number one Rafael Nadal on Sunday inaugurated the Nadal Tennis School at the Anantapur Sports Village in Anantapur town of Andhra Pradesh and interacted with young tennis players.
Nadal, accompanied by his mother Ana Maria Parera, who is President of the Rafael Nadal Foundation, came to Anantapur last night from Bangalore and visited the sports academy which has been set up in collaboration with Fundacion Vincente Ferrer (FVF), the Spanish arm of the Rural Development Trust (RDT), an Anantapur-based NGO, officials said.
As of now the academy has three international class clay courts and Nadal inaugurated the central court, a police officer told a news agency over phone from Anantapur, adding Nadal also interacted and played tennis with budding players.
The sports facility is likely to be further expanded besides efforts were on to bring in star hockey players from Australia and Spain, who are to visit the RDT stadium to offertraining and for interaction.
Nadal also visited some nearby villages where the NGO runs centres for the visually-challenged and hearing-impaired and children with other disabilities, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA