Nadal says he is now a more complete player
London: Before taking the pitch to defend his Wimbledon title, Spanish tennis star Rafael Nadal has said he considers himself as a better and more complete tennis player now.
“I try. I don’t know. In 2008, I play very well too. I try my best every day to keep improving; I wake up every day in order to practice with the illusion to be a better player than the day before. I think I’m a more complete player than few years ago, I am sure on that” Nadal was quoted as saying by a daily.
The world number one also said that 22-year-old US open winner, Rory McIlroy is an inspiration.
“For sure, Rory is an inspiration. I admire him a lot. I love watching Rory. What he is doing is really something unbelievable” Nadal said.
Rafa Nadal will meet Michael Russell on Center Court on Monday, as the 125th Wimbledon championships get under way.
Nadal defeated Tomas Berdych in the Wimbledon championship final last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family