Nadal says he is now a more complete player
London: Before taking the pitch to defend his Wimbledon title, Spanish tennis star Rafael Nadal has said he considers himself as a better and more complete tennis player now.
“I try. I don’t know. In 2008, I play very well too. I try my best every day to keep improving; I wake up every day in order to practice with the illusion to be a better player than the day before. I think I’m a more complete player than few years ago, I am sure on that” Nadal was quoted as saying by a daily.
The world number one also said that 22-year-old US open winner, Rory McIlroy is an inspiration.
“For sure, Rory is an inspiration. I admire him a lot. I love watching Rory. What he is doing is really something unbelievable” Nadal said.
Rafa Nadal will meet Michael Russell on Center Court on Monday, as the 125th Wimbledon championships get under way.
Nadal defeated Tomas Berdych in the Wimbledon championship final last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days