Nadal shatters Murray`s Wimbledon dream again
London: Rafa Nadal crushed Andy Murray`s Wimbledon dream in the semi-finals for the second successive year with an emphatic 5-7 6-2 6-2 6-4 victory on Friday.
The top seed and defending champion, who will face Novak Djokovic in Sunday`s final, was outplayed by the fourth seed in the first set but he raised his game in the second and won seven games in a row to take control of the match.
Murray, bidding to become the first British men`s singles champion at Wimbledon for 75 years, had no answer to the Spaniard`s sustained brilliance, making a string of unforced errors as the match slipped away from him.
Nadal, who will lose his world number one ranking to Djokovic next week, stayed on course for a third Wimbledon title and 11th grand slam crown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA