Nadal shatters Murray`s Wimbledon dream again
London: Rafa Nadal crushed Andy Murray`s Wimbledon dream in the semi-finals for the second successive year with an emphatic 5-7 6-2 6-2 6-4 victory on Friday.
The top seed and defending champion, who will face Novak Djokovic in Sunday`s final, was outplayed by the fourth seed in the first set but he raised his game in the second and won seven games in a row to take control of the match.
Murray, bidding to become the first British men`s singles champion at Wimbledon for 75 years, had no answer to the Spaniard`s sustained brilliance, making a string of unforced errors as the match slipped away from him.
Nadal, who will lose his world number one ranking to Djokovic next week, stayed on course for a third Wimbledon title and 11th grand slam crown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH