Nadal shatters Murray`s Wimbledon dream again
London: Rafa Nadal crushed Andy Murray`s Wimbledon dream in the semi-finals for the second successive year with an emphatic 5-7 6-2 6-2 6-4 victory on Friday.
The top seed and defending champion, who will face Novak Djokovic in Sunday`s final, was outplayed by the fourth seed in the first set but he raised his game in the second and won seven games in a row to take control of the match.
Murray, bidding to become the first British men`s singles champion at Wimbledon for 75 years, had no answer to the Spaniard`s sustained brilliance, making a string of unforced errors as the match slipped away from him.
Nadal, who will lose his world number one ranking to Djokovic next week, stayed on course for a third Wimbledon title and 11th grand slam crown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!