Nadal shatters Murray`s Wimbledon dream again
London: Rafa Nadal crushed Andy Murray`s Wimbledon dream in the semi-finals for the second successive year with an emphatic 5-7 6-2 6-2 6-4 victory on Friday.
The top seed and defending champion, who will face Novak Djokovic in Sunday`s final, was outplayed by the fourth seed in the first set but he raised his game in the second and won seven games in a row to take control of the match.
Murray, bidding to become the first British men`s singles champion at Wimbledon for 75 years, had no answer to the Spaniard`s sustained brilliance, making a string of unforced errors as the match slipped away from him.
Nadal, who will lose his world number one ranking to Djokovic next week, stayed on course for a third Wimbledon title and 11th grand slam crown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?