Nadal wastes little time in reaching last 16
London: Top seed and defending champion Rafa Nadal upped his game at the key moments to overcome the spirited challenge of wildcard Gilles Muller 7-6, 7-6, 6-0 and advance to the last 16 at Wimbledon on Saturday.
Muller had wasted two set points in Friday`s opening set before the match was called off due rain and went toe to toe with the champion in a high-quality second set on Saturday.
However, Nadal kept his composure on the big points in the tiebreak to break the spirit of the Luxembourger, who knocked the Spaniard out of the competition in 2005.
Nadal then raced through the third set in top gear to complete the win.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa