Nagpur swimmer successfully crosses Gibraltar strait
Nagpur: A city swimmer Sukhdev Dhurve has succeeded in crossing the Gibraltar Strait in four hours and 55 minutes.
A member of Dolphin Swimming Club and G K Sporting Club, Dhurve swam the Gibraltar Strait, which connects the Atlantic Ocean to the Mediterranean Sea and separates Spain from Morocco, on July 28.
A police head constable. Dhurve, accompanied by his NIS swimming coach Jaiprakash Duble, had earlier covered a distance of 35 kms from Dharmtar Khadi to Gateway of India, Mumbai.
Duble, who is also Deputy Director of Sports and Youth Services, Maharashtra informed the Dolphin Club about the feat yesterday.
Dhube and Duble had left for training and practice swimming on July 18. They will be arriving back next week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India