NALCO Q3 profit drops 29% to Rs 155.18 cr
Mumbai: State-run aluminium major National
Aluminiun Company Ltd (NALCO) on Wednesday posted a decline of 29.29
per cent in its net profit at Rs 155.18 crore for the third
quarter ended December 31, 2009, over the same period a year
The navratna company had a net profit of Rs 219.46 crore
during the December quarter of FY`09.
However, total income of the company rose to Rs 1,417.61
crore during the October-December quarter of current financial
year from Rs 1,035.95 crore of the corresponding quarter last
fiscal, NALCO said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
For the nine-month period ended December 31, 2009, the
company posted a net profit of Rs 441.12 crore, against Rs
1,189.25 crore of the same period a year earlier.
Shares of NALCO today closed at Rs 406.70, down 2.78 per
cent on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users