NALCO Q3 profit drops 29% to Rs 155.18 cr
Mumbai: State-run aluminium major National
Aluminiun Company Ltd (NALCO) on Wednesday posted a decline of 29.29
per cent in its net profit at Rs 155.18 crore for the third
quarter ended December 31, 2009, over the same period a year
The navratna company had a net profit of Rs 219.46 crore
during the December quarter of FY`09.
However, total income of the company rose to Rs 1,417.61
crore during the October-December quarter of current financial
year from Rs 1,035.95 crore of the corresponding quarter last
fiscal, NALCO said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
For the nine-month period ended December 31, 2009, the
company posted a net profit of Rs 441.12 crore, against Rs
1,189.25 crore of the same period a year earlier.
Shares of NALCO today closed at Rs 406.70, down 2.78 per
cent on the BSE.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts