NALCO Q3 profit drops 29% to Rs 155.18 cr
Mumbai: State-run aluminium major National
Aluminiun Company Ltd (NALCO) on Wednesday posted a decline of 29.29
per cent in its net profit at Rs 155.18 crore for the third
quarter ended December 31, 2009, over the same period a year
The navratna company had a net profit of Rs 219.46 crore
during the December quarter of FY`09.
However, total income of the company rose to Rs 1,417.61
crore during the October-December quarter of current financial
year from Rs 1,035.95 crore of the corresponding quarter last
fiscal, NALCO said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
For the nine-month period ended December 31, 2009, the
company posted a net profit of Rs 441.12 crore, against Rs
1,189.25 crore of the same period a year earlier.
Shares of NALCO today closed at Rs 406.70, down 2.78 per
cent on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town