Nani worried about ‘excess time on the bench’
London: Manchester United winger Luis Nani is headed for talks with club officials after being concerned over his first-team status.
Nani’s stay at Manchester United has grown uncertain after he was left out of United``s Champions League final side,a newspaper reports.
Now, with the 20 million pound signing of England winger Ashley Young, Nani fears more time on the bench.
The 24-year-old was in sparkling form for the Premier League winners last season, finishing top of the assists chart with 18 whilst also chipping in with 10 goals - though he was left out of the starting line-up for the Champions League final.
“I am very happy at United. This has been my best season but I can do much better. I am still young and will get more opportunities” Nani was quoted as saying before the high profile signing of Young.
United return to training on July 4 and Nani will seek crunch talks with Ferguson to see exactly how much first-team action he should expect in the new season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Cases against Baloch leaders-in-exile highlight Pakistan's frustration: BJP
- BSP leader Brajesh Pathak joins BJP
- Piaggio launches Aprilia SR 150 in India priced at Rs 65,000
- Family of killed Dalit youths, who died in 2012 Gujarat police firing, demand CBI probe
- Won't camouflage baby bump on screen: Kareena