Nani worried about ‘excess time on the bench’
London: Manchester United winger Luis Nani is headed for talks with club officials after being concerned over his first-team status.
Nani’s stay at Manchester United has grown uncertain after he was left out of United``s Champions League final side,a newspaper reports.
Now, with the 20 million pound signing of England winger Ashley Young, Nani fears more time on the bench.
The 24-year-old was in sparkling form for the Premier League winners last season, finishing top of the assists chart with 18 whilst also chipping in with 10 goals - though he was left out of the starting line-up for the Champions League final.
“I am very happy at United. This has been my best season but I can do much better. I am still young and will get more opportunities” Nani was quoted as saying before the high profile signing of Young.
United return to training on July 4 and Nani will seek crunch talks with Ferguson to see exactly how much first-team action he should expect in the new season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love