Narain wins NASCAR’s ‘Most Popular Driver’ award
Miami: Narain Karthikeyan beat veterans and fan favourites like Ron Hornaday and 2010 champion Todd Bodine to win the ‘Most Popular Driver of 2010’ award in a fan poll held on the NASCAR website.
In a huge surprise, Karthikeyan, now participating in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series here, and who has run a total of only nine out of the 25 race calendar, garnered the most votes.
Karthikeyan, who drives for Starbeast Motorsports team, said: “Racing in NASCAR has been such a rewarding experience, both personally and professionally. From the other drivers to the fans, everyone has been extremely welcoming and supportive.”
“I really want to thank all the fans, in India, the US and everywhere else who voted for me. I am truly honoured to receive this accolade,” India’s first Formula One driver said on receiving the honour at the NASCAR end of season awards banquet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!