Narain wins NASCAR’s ‘Most Popular Driver’ award
Miami: Narain Karthikeyan beat veterans and fan favourites like Ron Hornaday and 2010 champion Todd Bodine to win the ‘Most Popular Driver of 2010’ award in a fan poll held on the NASCAR website.
In a huge surprise, Karthikeyan, now participating in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series here, and who has run a total of only nine out of the 25 race calendar, garnered the most votes.
Karthikeyan, who drives for Starbeast Motorsports team, said: “Racing in NASCAR has been such a rewarding experience, both personally and professionally. From the other drivers to the fans, everyone has been extremely welcoming and supportive.”
“I really want to thank all the fans, in India, the US and everywhere else who voted for me. I am truly honoured to receive this accolade,” India’s first Formula One driver said on receiving the honour at the NASCAR end of season awards banquet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened