Narang will end year as Asia`s number one
New Delhi: Ace Indian marksman Gagan Narang will end the year as the number one Asian shooter, according to the latest rankings issued by Asian Shooting Confederation.
Narang, who won four gold medals in the Commonwealth Games, missed out of the yellow metal in the Asian Games by a whisker to Chinese ace Zhu Qinan in the 10m air rifle event in China.
However, owing to the huge difference in points between the two before the start of the Asiad, Narang will remain Asia`s number one.
The 27-year-old Narang, who currently has 2845 points, has been in good form all through the year as he won 16 medals from major international competitions around the world.
Narang became the first Indian to qual ify for the 2012 London Olympic Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH