Narang will end year as Asia`s number one
New Delhi: Ace Indian marksman Gagan Narang will end the year as the number one Asian shooter, according to the latest rankings issued by Asian Shooting Confederation.
Narang, who won four gold medals in the Commonwealth Games, missed out of the yellow metal in the Asian Games by a whisker to Chinese ace Zhu Qinan in the 10m air rifle event in China.
However, owing to the huge difference in points between the two before the start of the Asiad, Narang will remain Asia`s number one.
The 27-year-old Narang, who currently has 2845 points, has been in good form all through the year as he won 16 medals from major international competitions around the world.
Narang became the first Indian to qual ify for the 2012 London Olympic Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends