Narang will end year as Asia`s number one
New Delhi: Ace Indian marksman Gagan Narang will end the year as the number one Asian shooter, according to the latest rankings issued by Asian Shooting Confederation.
Narang, who won four gold medals in the Commonwealth Games, missed out of the yellow metal in the Asian Games by a whisker to Chinese ace Zhu Qinan in the 10m air rifle event in China.
However, owing to the huge difference in points between the two before the start of the Asiad, Narang will remain Asia`s number one.
The 27-year-old Narang, who currently has 2845 points, has been in good form all through the year as he won 16 medals from major international competitions around the world.
Narang became the first Indian to qual ify for the 2012 London Olympic Games.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata