Narang wins bronze in 10m air rifle in World Cup
New Delhi: Ace Indian shooter Gagan Narang won a bronze in 10 meter air rifle event at the World Cup in Beijing.
Narang shot 597 in the qualifying and then came up with 103.3 in the final round for a total of 700.3 to win his sixth World Cup medal.
Russian Denis Sokolov won the gold with a total score of 701.3 (597+104.3) while the silver went to Chinese Zhu Qinan who shot 701.2 (598+103.2).
Other two Indians in the fray, Sanjeev Rajput and P T Raghunath failed to qualify for the final round after finishing 24th and 25th respectively.
In women`s skeet, Arti Singh shot a 63 out of 75 with rounds of 22, 20, 21 to finish 16th in a field of 25. Saniya Sheikh finished last with a total of 45.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights