Narang wins bronze in 10m air rifle in World Cup
New Delhi: Ace Indian shooter Gagan Narang won a bronze in 10 meter air rifle event at the World Cup in Beijing.
Narang shot 597 in the qualifying and then came up with 103.3 in the final round for a total of 700.3 to win his sixth World Cup medal.
Russian Denis Sokolov won the gold with a total score of 701.3 (597+104.3) while the silver went to Chinese Zhu Qinan who shot 701.2 (598+103.2).
Other two Indians in the fray, Sanjeev Rajput and P T Raghunath failed to qualify for the final round after finishing 24th and 25th respectively.
In women`s skeet, Arti Singh shot a 63 out of 75 with rounds of 22, 20, 21 to finish 16th in a field of 25. Saniya Sheikh finished last with a total of 45.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what