Narang wins bronze in 10m air rifle in World Cup
New Delhi: Ace Indian shooter Gagan Narang won a bronze in 10 meter air rifle event at the World Cup in Beijing.
Narang shot 597 in the qualifying and then came up with 103.3 in the final round for a total of 700.3 to win his sixth World Cup medal.
Russian Denis Sokolov won the gold with a total score of 701.3 (597+104.3) while the silver went to Chinese Zhu Qinan who shot 701.2 (598+103.2).
Other two Indians in the fray, Sanjeev Rajput and P T Raghunath failed to qualify for the final round after finishing 24th and 25th respectively.
In women`s skeet, Arti Singh shot a 63 out of 75 with rounds of 22, 20, 21 to finish 16th in a field of 25. Saniya Sheikh finished last with a total of 45.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read