Narang wins bronze in 10m air rifle in World Cup
New Delhi: Ace Indian shooter Gagan Narang won a bronze in 10 meter air rifle event at the World Cup in Beijing.
Narang shot 597 in the qualifying and then came up with 103.3 in the final round for a total of 700.3 to win his sixth World Cup medal.
Russian Denis Sokolov won the gold with a total score of 701.3 (597+104.3) while the silver went to Chinese Zhu Qinan who shot 701.2 (598+103.2).
Other two Indians in the fray, Sanjeev Rajput and P T Raghunath failed to qualify for the final round after finishing 24th and 25th respectively.
In women`s skeet, Arti Singh shot a 63 out of 75 with rounds of 22, 20, 21 to finish 16th in a field of 25. Saniya Sheikh finished last with a total of 45.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda