Narayana Murthy showers praise on Sonia Gandhi
Mysore: Software icon N R Narayana Murthy
on Tuesday showered praise on UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi for her
"sacrifice in the face of great temptation, grace and dignity
in power and civility in the face of unjust and unfair
Speaking at the company campus here, where Gandhi
inaugurated its second global education centre, Murthy said
she is an international politician "who is loved as much by
the rural masses of India as the elite."
"There are very few people in the country - for that
matter anywhere in the world - who have transcended
continents, cultures and languages and felt completely at home
in each of them like Sonia has", Murthy said.
"Sonia`s heart is always on the side of the poor, the weak
and the disenfranchised," Murthy, who is the Chairman and
Chief Mentor of Infosys, said.
"Her strengths are her decency, courtesy, compassion,
secularism and tolerance and quest for using excellence in
competence to make life better for the poorest of poor in
India", Murthy said.
Murthy also said if India is to truly become a superpower,
it has to perform with world class excellence. "No slogan will
ever change this", he remarked. "Such an objective (to become
a superpower) also demands that we become respectable in the
eye of the comity of nations".
"It`s now an accepted fact internationally that visible
signs of progress are extremely important to convey to the
outside world (about) our progress towards betterment", he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why