Narayanasamy lashes out at Puducherry govt
Puducherry: Accusing the Puducherry government of failing to maintain law and order, Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy on Sunday sought a judicial probe into the recent incident in which a criminal was killed and five policemen injured when some persons hurled bombs at the police van taking him to jail.
"Law and order is in a shambles now in Puducherry and this shows that the Rangasamy government has no will to protect the people," Narayanasamy told reporters here.
He said he had briefed Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde yesterday on the "deteriorating" law and order in Puducherry and "lack of security" to industrialists, women, businessmen and others.
He charged police in Puducherry with being "inefficient" and alleged that government was "patronising rowdy elements."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000