Narayanasamy lashes out at Puducherry govt
Puducherry: Accusing the Puducherry government of failing to maintain law and order, Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy on Sunday sought a judicial probe into the recent incident in which a criminal was killed and five policemen injured when some persons hurled bombs at the police van taking him to jail.
"Law and order is in a shambles now in Puducherry and this shows that the Rangasamy government has no will to protect the people," Narayanasamy told reporters here.
He said he had briefed Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde yesterday on the "deteriorating" law and order in Puducherry and "lack of security" to industrialists, women, businessmen and others.
He charged police in Puducherry with being "inefficient" and alleged that government was "patronising rowdy elements."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda