Narayanasamy lashes out at Puducherry govt
Puducherry: Accusing the Puducherry government of failing to maintain law and order, Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy on Sunday sought a judicial probe into the recent incident in which a criminal was killed and five policemen injured when some persons hurled bombs at the police van taking him to jail.
"Law and order is in a shambles now in Puducherry and this shows that the Rangasamy government has no will to protect the people," Narayanasamy told reporters here.
He said he had briefed Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde yesterday on the "deteriorating" law and order in Puducherry and "lack of security" to industrialists, women, businessmen and others.
He charged police in Puducherry with being "inefficient" and alleged that government was "patronising rowdy elements."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune