Narayanasamy lashes out at Puducherry govt
Puducherry: Accusing the Puducherry government of failing to maintain law and order, Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy on Sunday sought a judicial probe into the recent incident in which a criminal was killed and five policemen injured when some persons hurled bombs at the police van taking him to jail.
"Law and order is in a shambles now in Puducherry and this shows that the Rangasamy government has no will to protect the people," Narayanasamy told reporters here.
He said he had briefed Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde yesterday on the "deteriorating" law and order in Puducherry and "lack of security" to industrialists, women, businessmen and others.
He charged police in Puducherry with being "inefficient" and alleged that government was "patronising rowdy elements."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!