Narayanasamy observes 12-hour fast to protest Marc
Puducherry: Union Minister V Narayanasamy along with other Congress leaders on Sunday observed a 12-hour-long fast to condemn the recent attack on his camp office and burning effigies of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The Minister of State in PMO along with party functionaries and Congress legislators including PCC leader AV Subramanian participated in the fast which began at 6 AM in Madagadipet village near here, police said.
They condemned the "lack of stern action" against the miscreants involved in the March 20 incident and also on the Aurobindo Ashram the next day "under the guise of the Lankan Tamils issue".
Around 150 activists of a pro-Tamil outfit pelted stones at the premises of the camp office of Narayanasamy and also burnt effigies of Singh and Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing