Narayanasamy observes 12-hour fast to protest Marc
Puducherry: Union Minister V Narayanasamy along with other Congress leaders on Sunday observed a 12-hour-long fast to condemn the recent attack on his camp office and burning effigies of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The Minister of State in PMO along with party functionaries and Congress legislators including PCC leader AV Subramanian participated in the fast which began at 6 AM in Madagadipet village near here, police said.
They condemned the "lack of stern action" against the miscreants involved in the March 20 incident and also on the Aurobindo Ashram the next day "under the guise of the Lankan Tamils issue".
Around 150 activists of a pro-Tamil outfit pelted stones at the premises of the camp office of Narayanasamy and also burnt effigies of Singh and Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers