Narayanasamy observes 12-hour fast to protest Marc
Puducherry: Union Minister V Narayanasamy along with other Congress leaders on Sunday observed a 12-hour-long fast to condemn the recent attack on his camp office and burning effigies of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The Minister of State in PMO along with party functionaries and Congress legislators including PCC leader AV Subramanian participated in the fast which began at 6 AM in Madagadipet village near here, police said.
They condemned the "lack of stern action" against the miscreants involved in the March 20 incident and also on the Aurobindo Ashram the next day "under the guise of the Lankan Tamils issue".
Around 150 activists of a pro-Tamil outfit pelted stones at the premises of the camp office of Narayanasamy and also burnt effigies of Singh and Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport