Narayanasamy observes 12-hour fast to protest Marc
Puducherry: Union Minister V Narayanasamy along with other Congress leaders on Sunday observed a 12-hour-long fast to condemn the recent attack on his camp office and burning effigies of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The Minister of State in PMO along with party functionaries and Congress legislators including PCC leader AV Subramanian participated in the fast which began at 6 AM in Madagadipet village near here, police said.
They condemned the "lack of stern action" against the miscreants involved in the March 20 incident and also on the Aurobindo Ashram the next day "under the guise of the Lankan Tamils issue".
Around 150 activists of a pro-Tamil outfit pelted stones at the premises of the camp office of Narayanasamy and also burnt effigies of Singh and Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...