Narayanasamy observes 12-hour fast to protest Marc
Puducherry: Union Minister V Narayanasamy along with other Congress leaders on Sunday observed a 12-hour-long fast to condemn the recent attack on his camp office and burning effigies of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The Minister of State in PMO along with party functionaries and Congress legislators including PCC leader AV Subramanian participated in the fast which began at 6 AM in Madagadipet village near here, police said.
They condemned the "lack of stern action" against the miscreants involved in the March 20 incident and also on the Aurobindo Ashram the next day "under the guise of the Lankan Tamils issue".
Around 150 activists of a pro-Tamil outfit pelted stones at the premises of the camp office of Narayanasamy and also burnt effigies of Singh and Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video