Narayanasamy slams Puducherry govt
Puducherry: Lashing out at the Rangasamy led AINRC government here, Union Minister V.Narayanasamy has accused it of failing to submit plans for development of the Union Territory to the Centre.
Had the Puducherry government presented plans for development,`copious funds` would have been available from out of the Central allocations for States and Union Territories, he said addressing a public meeting as part of the Congress` `meet the people programme` at Lawspet near on Friday.
Criticising the government, Narayanasamy alleged that law and order was in shambles.
The government owned AFT mills had been left in the lurch without proper plan and promises held out to the aged persons that the monthly assistance would be hiked to Rs 2000 were not implemented, he charged.
Highlighting the schemes of Congress-led UPA government, he alleged that the Puducherry government had not sought Central funds as no plans were evolved by the territorial government.
"Neither the Chief Minister nor any of his ministerial colleagues nor officials of Puducherry government participate in any of the meetings held at the instance of the Centre to discuss developmental programmes of States and Union Territories," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch