Narendra Modi files nomination from Maninagar constituency
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday filed his nomination papers from Maninagar constituency in Ahmedabad for the Assembly Elections.
Modi filed his nomination papers before Maninagar constituency returning officer PK Jadeja on the last day of filing of nominations at the district collector`s office here.
Congress has fielded Shweta Bhatt, the wife of suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt, against Modi.
While addressing party workers at Maninagar before filing his papers, Modi without taking any names, alleged that Congress had entered in backroom deal with Keshubhai Patel`s Gujarat Parivartan Party by not fielding any candidate from Visavadar constituency, where Patel is contesting.
"They do not have the guts to say that they have an understanding with some other party, that they have made some arrangements behind the scene," Modi alleged.
Gujarat Congress candidate for Visavadar, Ratibhai Mangroliya, had claimed that his mandate - the document that certifies the candidate officially represents the party - was allegedly "stolen" by a 12-year-old while he was on his way to file his nomination papers.
"Congress workers were shedding tears that their mandate was stolen by a 12-year-old boy in Visavadar. The 12-year-old boy knew what is good for Gujarat," Modi said ridiculing Congress`s claim.
"Why are they not declaring that they have decided to make Ahmed Patel the Chief Minister of Gujarat. Why all these games behind the scenes. They should declare all these things," Modi said, targeting the political secretary of Congress president Sonia Gandhi for backroom deals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened