Narendra Modi files nomination from Maninagar constituency
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday filed his nomination papers from Maninagar constituency in Ahmedabad for the Assembly Elections.
Modi filed his nomination papers before Maninagar constituency returning officer PK Jadeja on the last day of filing of nominations at the district collector`s office here.
Congress has fielded Shweta Bhatt, the wife of suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt, against Modi.
While addressing party workers at Maninagar before filing his papers, Modi without taking any names, alleged that Congress had entered in backroom deal with Keshubhai Patel`s Gujarat Parivartan Party by not fielding any candidate from Visavadar constituency, where Patel is contesting.
"They do not have the guts to say that they have an understanding with some other party, that they have made some arrangements behind the scene," Modi alleged.
Gujarat Congress candidate for Visavadar, Ratibhai Mangroliya, had claimed that his mandate - the document that certifies the candidate officially represents the party - was allegedly "stolen" by a 12-year-old while he was on his way to file his nomination papers.
"Congress workers were shedding tears that their mandate was stolen by a 12-year-old boy in Visavadar. The 12-year-old boy knew what is good for Gujarat," Modi said ridiculing Congress`s claim.
"Why are they not declaring that they have decided to make Ahmed Patel the Chief Minister of Gujarat. Why all these games behind the scenes. They should declare all these things," Modi said, targeting the political secretary of Congress president Sonia Gandhi for backroom deals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly