Narendra Modi files nomination from Maninagar constituency
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday filed his nomination papers from Maninagar constituency in Ahmedabad for the Assembly Elections.
Modi filed his nomination papers before Maninagar constituency returning officer PK Jadeja on the last day of filing of nominations at the district collector`s office here.
Congress has fielded Shweta Bhatt, the wife of suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt, against Modi.
While addressing party workers at Maninagar before filing his papers, Modi without taking any names, alleged that Congress had entered in backroom deal with Keshubhai Patel`s Gujarat Parivartan Party by not fielding any candidate from Visavadar constituency, where Patel is contesting.
"They do not have the guts to say that they have an understanding with some other party, that they have made some arrangements behind the scene," Modi alleged.
Gujarat Congress candidate for Visavadar, Ratibhai Mangroliya, had claimed that his mandate - the document that certifies the candidate officially represents the party - was allegedly "stolen" by a 12-year-old while he was on his way to file his nomination papers.
"Congress workers were shedding tears that their mandate was stolen by a 12-year-old boy in Visavadar. The 12-year-old boy knew what is good for Gujarat," Modi said ridiculing Congress`s claim.
"Why are they not declaring that they have decided to make Ahmed Patel the Chief Minister of Gujarat. Why all these games behind the scenes. They should declare all these things," Modi said, targeting the political secretary of Congress president Sonia Gandhi for backroom deals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Is butter healthy? Five reasons to eat Krishna's favourite!
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan
- Laver Cup: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal to play doubles together
- Scorpene submarine data leak: French ex-naval officer's hand suspected; 'serious matter', says Opposition
- No U-turn by Rahul Gandhi on RSS role: Digivjay Singh