Narendra Modi flashes victory sign, says confident of hat-trick
Ahmedabad: Exuding confidence and flashing a victory sign, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said on Monday said that he was sure that the voters will cast their ballot in favour of the Bhartiya Janata Party.
"I thank all the voters. In this election, people of Gujarat will make a hat-trick by giving a third term to us. People of the state will once again vote BJP to power. The sentiments of people here is giving you an clear indication of that," Modi told reporters, after casting his vote at Nishan High School in Ranip locality.
He also termed the 2012 Gujarat Assembly elections as a "historic" one as it has been contested on the issues of good governance.
"This election will be historic one in India as it has been contested on the issues of good governance and development plank. And has been contested with people`s participation," Modi said.
"It is a very peaceful election, it was such an election which has been contested by the people of Gujarat themselves. It was an election where youth and women folk had taken up the responsibility on their shoulders," he said.
"It will also be a memorable one since for the first time 3D technology was used here, which has never been done in world before.," Modi added, referring to use of 3D Holographic technology to air his poll speeches at different locations simultaneously.
"In the field of technology people will have to acknowledge Gujarat`s mettle. This is my firm belief," Modi said.
“I have always worked for six crore Gujaratis. I feel that working for the people of my state is also serving the nation in way because Gujarat is an integral part of India." Modi said to a query on whether he will be going to Delhi.
Modi, who is contesting from Maninagar Assembly constituency, is locked in a direct contest with Congress candidate Shweta Bhatt, wife of suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt, a new entrant testing political waters for the first time.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users