Narendra Modi got a 2-D win after a 3-D campaign: Kapil Sibal
New Delhi: Taking a dig at Narendra Modi, Union HRD Minister Kapil said that the Gujarat Chief Minister had got a 2-D result even after resorting to a 3-D campaign.
Talking to reporters in the national capital Sibal said, “The enthusiasm with which the BJP had said that they will get 140-150 seats in Gujarat has been proved wrong.”
On Congress’ showing in Gujarat, the senior Congress leader said that the party’s performance had been static and that was not a good sign. “We should have had an improvement.”
However, he said that Modi too needed to introspect as to why he is where he is and why he has not moved on.
He at the same time said that no matter what the saffron party and Modi needed to be congratulated for the win. Sibal also said that it was up to the BJP to decide who their Prime Ministerial candidate would be.
On the good showing by the Congress in Himachal Pradesh, Kapil Sibal said that the party was happy at the results.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'