Narendra Modi to take oath as Gujarat CM on December 25?
Ahmedabad: Narendra Modi is likely to take oath as the chief minister of Gujarat on December 25, a report said on Thursday.
Modi is headed for a third consecutive victory in the Gujarat Assembly Elections.
According to latest reports, the BJP is leading in 117 seats in Gujarat and the Congress alliance is ahead in 60 seats.
There are 182 Assembly seats in Gujarat and a party needs at least 92 seats to get a majority and form the government.
Most pundits feel that a landslide win in Gujarat could propel Modi to play a major role in national politics although he has consistent stated that he is only interested in "serving" the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details