Naresh loses to Bennett in PSA Indian challenger main draw
Chennai: India`s Naresh Kumar played his heart out before going down against top seed Dylan Bennett of the Netherlands in the main draw of the PSA Indian Challenger 3 event.
Unseeded Naresh gave his everything but still couldn`t get past Bennett and lost 5-11, 11-8, 6-11, 11-9, 7-11 in a hard-fought battle.
All three Jangra brothers –- Sandeep, Vikas and Naveen -– also bite the dust in the mens` event played at the Indian Squash Academy.
However, two Indians -- Siddarth Suchde and Harinder Pal Singh -- have progressed to the first round.
Fourth seed Siddarth accounted for Vikas Jangra (Ind) 11-0, 11-5, 11-8 in 21 minutes, while unseeded Harinder beat Gaurav Nandrajob 12-10, 9-11, 11-6, 11-9 in a 54-minute match.
Suchde will now play sixth seed Aqueel Rahman of Austria, who disposed off Sandeep Jangra 11-9, 11-6, 13-15, 11-9 and Harinder will take on second seeded Mazan Gamal of Egypt.
Gamal made short work of Maekswa Kosuke of Japan 11-0, 11-5, 11-0 win in just 20 minutes.
Hong Kong`s Leo Au also displayed depth in his game to eliminate third seeded James Snell of England 11-7, 9-11, 11-6 in a marathon 70 minutes of dual.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister