NASSCOM launches WEConnect India for women-owned businesses
Bangalore: IT industry lobby group NASSCOM on Tuesday
launched WEConnect India, an affiliate of WEConnect
International, which reaches out to women-owned businesses,
certifies them according to established international norms
and connects them to Fortune 500 companies, a global partner
network and other women-owned businesses.
The goal of WEConnect India, launched on the sidelines
of the two-day NASSCOM diversity and inclusivity summit which
commenced here, is to create competitive advantages and foster
sustainable economic growth for women-owned businesses,
NASSCOM said. WEConnect India would certify businesses that
are at least 51 per cent owned, managed and controlled by
one or more women.
"The Indian IT-BPO industry has set high standards in
inclusivity and is among the first to recognise the business
imperative for diversity and inclusion", NASSCOM President Som
NASSCOM also announced the winners of gender inclusivity
awards for this year, which honour companies in the IT-BPO
industry which have implemented outstanding practices that
promote gender empowerment and womena leadership development.
IBM Daksh Business Process Services, HyTech Professionals
India, Integra Software Services and IBM India won the awards
in the categories of BPO companies, best emerging company with
less than five years in existence, best company with less than
1000 employees and best childcare services, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'