NASSCOM launches WEConnect India for women-owned businesses
Bangalore: IT industry lobby group NASSCOM on Tuesday
launched WEConnect India, an affiliate of WEConnect
International, which reaches out to women-owned businesses,
certifies them according to established international norms
and connects them to Fortune 500 companies, a global partner
network and other women-owned businesses.
The goal of WEConnect India, launched on the sidelines
of the two-day NASSCOM diversity and inclusivity summit which
commenced here, is to create competitive advantages and foster
sustainable economic growth for women-owned businesses,
NASSCOM said. WEConnect India would certify businesses that
are at least 51 per cent owned, managed and controlled by
one or more women.
"The Indian IT-BPO industry has set high standards in
inclusivity and is among the first to recognise the business
imperative for diversity and inclusion", NASSCOM President Som
NASSCOM also announced the winners of gender inclusivity
awards for this year, which honour companies in the IT-BPO
industry which have implemented outstanding practices that
promote gender empowerment and womena leadership development.
IBM Daksh Business Process Services, HyTech Professionals
India, Integra Software Services and IBM India won the awards
in the categories of BPO companies, best emerging company with
less than five years in existence, best company with less than
1000 employees and best childcare services, respectively.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read