NASSCOM launches WEConnect India for women-owned businesses
Bangalore: IT industry lobby group NASSCOM on Tuesday
launched WEConnect India, an affiliate of WEConnect
International, which reaches out to women-owned businesses,
certifies them according to established international norms
and connects them to Fortune 500 companies, a global partner
network and other women-owned businesses.
The goal of WEConnect India, launched on the sidelines
of the two-day NASSCOM diversity and inclusivity summit which
commenced here, is to create competitive advantages and foster
sustainable economic growth for women-owned businesses,
NASSCOM said. WEConnect India would certify businesses that
are at least 51 per cent owned, managed and controlled by
one or more women.
"The Indian IT-BPO industry has set high standards in
inclusivity and is among the first to recognise the business
imperative for diversity and inclusion", NASSCOM President Som
NASSCOM also announced the winners of gender inclusivity
awards for this year, which honour companies in the IT-BPO
industry which have implemented outstanding practices that
promote gender empowerment and womena leadership development.
IBM Daksh Business Process Services, HyTech Professionals
India, Integra Software Services and IBM India won the awards
in the categories of BPO companies, best emerging company with
less than five years in existence, best company with less than
1000 employees and best childcare services, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today