Nation celebrates Eid, greetings pour in
New Delhi: Eid-ul-Fitr is being celebrated in
the country today, culminating in a month of fasting.
Eid-ul-Fitr marks the end of the fasting month of holy
"The Eid moon has been sighted. Id-ul-Fitr will be
celebrated on Wednesday," Maulana Mufti Mohammed Mukkaram,
Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri Masjid, said on Tuesday night.
Greetings for Eid poured from all over the country.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
Kumar greeted the people on the occasion of the Eid,
Teej and Ganesh Chaturthi festivities.
"Let the people of Bihar and the country celebrate the
festivities with traditional fervour and gaiety in good
spirit," Kumar said in a message.
He appealed to the people to enjoy the festivities in
true spirit of communal harmony and brotherhood.
Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL
Narasimhan extended his greetings and good wishes to
people on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
"The holy Ramzan is a reminder to us of the purpose of
life as ordained by God and that only through rigorous self
discipline it is possible to realise the life eternal,"
Narasimhan said in a statement.
"On this Ramzan day let us redeem our pledge to respect
the dignity of man, the sanctity of life, and the solemnity of
all faiths," he added in a statement.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah also wished people well-being and prosperity on
the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
The spirit behind observing Eid-ul-Fitr is to "rededicate
ourselves to truthfulness, sincerity, self-control, patience
and human dignity showing complete obedience to Allah", Omar
said in his Eid message.
The Chief Minister reminded people of the essence of the
Eid saying "the day demands us to remember the poor and the
needy and share happiness with them".
Omar expressed hope the festival would bring peace,
prosperity and well-being for the state and the people all
over the world.
BJP President Nitin Gadkari too greeted the people on
the occasion of Eid Ul-Fitr.
In a message, he expressed the hope the auspicious
festival would usher in happiness and prosperity for all
countrymen and strengthen the bonds of communal harmony and
Muslims in Kerala will also
celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr today, marking the end of the holy
month of Ramazan.
Anticipating that the Eid would fall on Tuesday, the state
government had declared a holiday for all offices and schools.
As Eid will now be celebrated on Wednesday, the government
has announced a "restricted" holiday for Muslim employees.
However, all educational institutions would be closed today
The film fraternity too sent across their wishes to friends and fans ahead for Eid.
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan tweeted, "Eid Mubarrak to all
brothers and sisters, young and old, near and dear...!! Happy
greetings for EID ! May there be peace and love among all...
and may all your wishes come true."
"Eid Mubarak to all," actress Bipasha Basu wrote on the
Akshay Kumar tweeted, "Eid Mubarak to all. May all your fasting,
prayers and duaa`s be accepted. And don`t forget my Eidi, your
never ending love."
"Eid Mubarak to all. May the
blessings of Allah fill your life with joy and prosperity!,"
wrote Vivek Oberoi.
And R Madhavan tweeted, "EID Mubaarak to all of you. May your
year be filled with Love, Peace and Happiness."
Actor Boman Irani and singer Sunidhi Chauhan also wished
`Eid Mubarak`, while actress Shriya Saran said, "Excited for
EID. Wanna eat haleem and biryani."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview