National police officers` badminton championship begins
New Delhi: The national police officers` badminton championship began here on Thursday with over 100 players from various police and paramilitary forces taking part.
Officers from the rank of Director General of Police (DGP) upto the level of Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) are participating in the four-day tournament which will conclude on Sunday.
About 115 players from 24 teams of various state police forces, central paramilitary forces like CISF, BSF, SSB, RPF, CRPF, NSG and ITBP are participating in events like team championship, singles, doubles and mixed doubles.
Nagaland DGP K Kire alongwith other officials are participating in the third edition of the tournament organized by the ITBP here at the Siri Fort sports complex.
ITBP chief R K Bhatia inaugurated the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race