National Wrestling Championship to start from Oct 11 in Bhopal
Bhopal: The 54th Senior National Men`s Wrestling and 12th Women`s National Wrestling Championship will begin from October 11 at Motilal Nehru stadium here.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will inaugurate the
four-day event, Madhya Pradesh Amateurs Wrestling Association
Patron and State Industries Minister Kailash Vijayvargiya told
"Around 750 men and women, including many renowned
wrestlers, drawn from 28 states are expected to take part in
the championship. It is the first time that such a mega
wrestling event would be held in Madhya Pradesh," he said.
The minister said the government was making efforts to
promote sports in the state. Many playgrounds are coming up at
the panchayat level in Madhya Pradesh, he added.
Vijayvargiya said the state government has increased
funds by six times for sports activity in this year`s budget.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP