National Wrestling Championship to start from Oct 11 in Bhopal
Bhopal: The 54th Senior National Men`s Wrestling and 12th Women`s National Wrestling Championship will begin from October 11 at Motilal Nehru stadium here.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will inaugurate the
four-day event, Madhya Pradesh Amateurs Wrestling Association
Patron and State Industries Minister Kailash Vijayvargiya told
"Around 750 men and women, including many renowned
wrestlers, drawn from 28 states are expected to take part in
the championship. It is the first time that such a mega
wrestling event would be held in Madhya Pradesh," he said.
The minister said the government was making efforts to
promote sports in the state. Many playgrounds are coming up at
the panchayat level in Madhya Pradesh, he added.
Vijayvargiya said the state government has increased
funds by six times for sports activity in this year`s budget.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred