National Wrestling Championship to start from Oct 11 in Bhopal
Bhopal: The 54th Senior National Men`s Wrestling and 12th Women`s National Wrestling Championship will begin from October 11 at Motilal Nehru stadium here.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will inaugurate the
four-day event, Madhya Pradesh Amateurs Wrestling Association
Patron and State Industries Minister Kailash Vijayvargiya told
"Around 750 men and women, including many renowned
wrestlers, drawn from 28 states are expected to take part in
the championship. It is the first time that such a mega
wrestling event would be held in Madhya Pradesh," he said.
The minister said the government was making efforts to
promote sports in the state. Many playgrounds are coming up at
the panchayat level in Madhya Pradesh, he added.
Vijayvargiya said the state government has increased
funds by six times for sports activity in this year`s budget.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!