National Wrestling Championship to start from Oct 11 in Bhopal
Bhopal: The 54th Senior National Men`s Wrestling and 12th Women`s National Wrestling Championship will begin from October 11 at Motilal Nehru stadium here.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will inaugurate the
four-day event, Madhya Pradesh Amateurs Wrestling Association
Patron and State Industries Minister Kailash Vijayvargiya told
"Around 750 men and women, including many renowned
wrestlers, drawn from 28 states are expected to take part in
the championship. It is the first time that such a mega
wrestling event would be held in Madhya Pradesh," he said.
The minister said the government was making efforts to
promote sports in the state. Many playgrounds are coming up at
the panchayat level in Madhya Pradesh, he added.
Vijayvargiya said the state government has increased
funds by six times for sports activity in this year`s budget.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra