Natwar`s son, Jagat Singh, joins BJP
Jaipur, Nov 17: Jagat Singh, BSP leader and son of
former External Affairs Minister Natwar Singh, joined the BJP
in Jaipur on Monday.
He joined the party in the presence of Rajasthan Chief
Minister Vasundhara Raje and other leaders at her residence,
a BJP spokesman said.
The development came two days after BJP MP Vishwendra
Singh quit the Lok Sabha and joined the Congress. Singh also
resigned as political advisor to the Rajasthan Chief Minister.
Before embracing the BJP, Jagat, a state BSP functionary,
held parleys with Raje on the poll scenario in Bharatpur where
Vishwendra is said to have considerable influence.
In its first list for upcoming Lok Sabha elections, the
BSP had announced Jagat`s candidature from Jaipur (Rural)
When contacted, a senior BSP leader said he had no
information about Jagat`s resignation from the party.
Jagat was expelled from the Congress for anti-party
activities in the aftermath of oil-for-food scam in which his
father Natwar Singh was an accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen