NCP: Goa Congress cozying up to real estate lobby
Panaji: The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) Thursday accused its ruling alliance partner, the Congress, of selling out to the real estate lobby while preparing a futuristic land-use document Regional Plan 2021.
In the party`s election manifesto for the March 3 assembly polls, NCP state president Surendra Sirsat accused the government of concretising Goa and promised to scrap the controversial land-use plan.
"The present draft of the RP 2021 will mainly concretise Goa. That is a builder-oriented plan at the cost of agricultural land, hill cutting, rehabilitation of people, water bodies and agricultural land," Sirsat said.
Defending the portfolios held by the two ministers of his party in the coalition government -- mainly tourism, revenue and civil supplies, Sirsat said RP 2021, a brainchild of Chief Minister Digambar Kamat, would change the very identity of Goa in a bad way.
"NCP is committed to formulate a new regional plan after due deliberation and consultation," Sirsat said.
The RP-2021, along with family raj and medium of instruction are major issues which are taking centre stage in the forthcoming Assembly polls.
While the Congress has promised to make popular amendments to the regional plan, the BJP has also advocated scrapping of the plan, which civil society groups have accused of pandering to real estate lobbies which were being backed by cabinet ministers in the coalition government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'