NCP MP hits out at party leaders for minister`s poll rout
Mumbai: NCP MP Udayanraje Bhosale today
fired a salvo at some party leaders and blamed intra-party
squabble for the defeat of a senior minister.
"Vijasinh Mohite-Patil lost due to internal bickering
in the party," the Lok Sabha MP and 13th descendant of
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj said.
Mohite-Patil, also a former deputy chief minister,
lost from Pandharpur to an Independent.
Bhosale also blamed senior party leader and NCP
President Sharad Pawar`s nephew Ajit Pawar for the loss of his
supporters in the Assembly elections in Satara district. "Ajit
Pawar has betrayed the trust."
This is not the first time Bhosale has launched an
offensive against his own party. Ahead of the Lok Sabha polls
this year, he had warned NCP of "dire consequences" if he was
not nominated from the Satara seat.
In Satara, Balasaheb Patil, sitting MLA from Karad
North who rebelled on being denied a ticket by the NCP,
retained his seat by defeating the party`s official nominee
Atul Bhosale, a close aide of Bhosale.
Another NCP rebel Makrand Laxamnrao Jadhav-Patil
defeated Congress` sitting MLA Madan Bhosale in the Wai
constituency. Congress rebel Jaikumar Gore defeated NCP
nominee Sadashiv Pol in Man segment. NCP`s tally in Satara
district has dropped from six in 2004 to four now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened