NCP ready for alliance with Congress: Patil
Osmanabad: NCP state president R R Patil has said that the party is prepared to forge an alliance with the Congress in the forthcoming Maharastra Assembly elections.
"NCP is always in favour of alliance. We don`t want distribution of secular votes, so we are ready for an alliance with Congress and RPI," Patil said.
The former home minister was here to attend the party workers convention yesterday.
"We want to fight the BJP-Shiv Sena in alliance with Congress and soon the picture will be clear," he said.
"In Loksabha elections, we had no reserved seat in NCP quota.. So the Congress gave seat to RPI leader Ramdas Athawale. Unfortunately he lost," Patil said adding ,"we will try to change his mind for an alliance."
On the issue of Rajya Sabha candidature, the party leader said, "NCP has two seats and Deputy CM Chagan Bhujbal and myself discussed it with Athawale, but he refused and said he wanted victory through public voting."
On the recent bribery case, Patil said, "Buta has blamed that NCP is involved in pressing CBI to arrest his son.. This is totally a false allegation. We have nothing to
do with the case and the investigating agency does not work on
the directions of NCP."
State Revenue Minister Ranajagjit Singh Patil, Vinayak
Mete, MLA Rahul Mote, Vikram Kale, Usha Darade were also
present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow