NE Games: Manipur finish at top
Shillong: Manipur today ended at the top of
medal`s tally followed by Assam and host Meghalaya at the end
of North East Games at J N Sports Complex here.
Manipur bagged 39 gold, 22 silver and 36 bronze after
four days of competition in 10 disciplines.
Placed second, Assam won 29 gold, 37 silver and 25 bronze
while hosts Meghalaya bagged 23 gold, 14 silver and 26 bronze
to finish at third.
Tripura bagged 18 gold, Mizoram and Sikkim eight gold,
Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh five gold each.
In today`s 5000-metre run, Benningstar Lyngkhoi of
Meghalaya won gold with a timing of 15 minute 20.3seconds.
Biplab Roy of Tripura bagged the silver completing the
distance in 16 minute 34.9 seconds.
Thondy Chang of Nagaland bagged the bronze in the event.
In football final, Nagaland beat Mizoram 5-4 in the
tie-breaker. Manipur got the bronze after defeating Meghalaya
in third place play-off.
In men`s basketball, Assam defeated Mizoram (75?60) and
in women`s category, Meghalaya got the gold, Sikkim silver
and Tripura bronze.
In boxing, hosts Meghalaya romped home with gold while
Manipur bagged the silver. In women`s category, Manipur and
Mizoram bagged the gold and silver respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test