Need to ensure ethics among market participants: Sebi
Mumbai: There is a need to ensure ethics
among market participants for efficient and transparent
functioning of the system, a Sebi official said on Thursday.
"There has not been much emphasis on ethics (among market
participants) as there should have been," Sebi Whole-Time
Member Prashant Saran said at a FICCI-IBA seminar here.
The market regulator is in constant discussions with
other regulators and market participants to bring in
development in the corporate bond market, Saran said.
"There is a constant discussion among regulators and
market participants (on issues related to the development of
the corporate bond market)," Saran said.
Also, the regulator`s endeavour has been to bring down
the cost of transactions in the market, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah