New aftershock rattles quake-devastated NE Japan
Tokyo: A new aftershock of 6.0 magnitude has
rattled northeast Japan.
Scores of strong aftershocks have followed the 9.0
magnitude earthquake that struck Friday and caused a devastating tsunami.
The US Geological Survey said the new aftershock struck
about 1 pm today near the coast of Honshu in northeast Japan.
That`s about 59 miles (95 kilometres) from the capital,
Two aftershocks yesterday afternoon caused buildings in
Tokyo to sway. They were measured at 6.0 and 6.2 magnitude.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends