New Companies Bill likely in Budget session: Khurshid
Mumbai: The proposed new Companies Bill is
expected to be tabled in the Budget session of Parliament,
Minister of Corporate Affairs Salman Khurshid said on Tuesday.
"An expert group is going through the proposed Bill. A
lot of things need to be done before the submission (in
Parliament). We expect that it will be tabled before
Parliament in the session after the coming session (Budget
session)," Minister Khurshid, told reporters on the sidelines
of a function at the Bombay Stock Exchange here today.
The minister was in the metropolis to inaugurate the
e-voting system for corporates at the BSE, which he said would
be a revolution in the field, he said.
"This move will revolutionise the whole system. We have
decided to observe the third week of this December as India
Corporate Week. I propose to announce next year as the
Investor Year and a thrust will be given to investor education
and investor knowledge. Household savings of non-urban India
should come to stock exchanges," Khurshid said while
inaugurating e-voting system.
Khurshid also mooted the idea of trading CSR
(corporate social responsibility) credits like carbon credits.
"If we can trade carbon credits, why don`t we think
about trading of CSR credits. The CSR should not be like
donating money and thus saving taxes. It should be used for
finding more talent and bringing them," Khurshid said.
The e-voting system for corporates was launched by CDSL
Ventures CVL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Central
Depository Service India (CDSL).
"The e-voting system launched will empower shareholders
to participate in the decision-making process of companies in
which they have invested, thus making their vote count," CVL
chairman SS Thakur, said at the launch.
"Companies would also benefit from this system as the
remote voting process would become quicker, accurate and would
also result in savings on various cost overheads which are
currently incurred for postal ballots," he added.
The e-voting system would permit a company or its
registrar to set up the schedule on the e-voting website
www.evotingindia.com and upload the resolutions and register
of shareholders. CVL would then generate and print a password
on a pin mailer for each shareholder, which would be
communicated to them along with the notices of the
Shareholders can then access the e-voting website and
cast their votes at any time during the voting period at a
place of their convenience, a press release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared