New insights into 3D structure of human genome!
Washington: In what could be called a
major breakthrough, scientists have gained fresh insights into
the three-dimensional organisation of the human genome.
A team from University of Regensburg and the Ludwig
Maximilians University in Germany and Centro de Investigacin
Prncipe Felipe in Spain has published its findings in the
`PLoS Genetics` journal.
One major challenge of the post-genomic era
is to understand how the genome is organised inside the cell`s
nucleus to fulfill the dynamics and regulation of DNA access
to regulatory factors.
Previous studies on the nuclear architecture of the
cell suggest that the three-dimensional structure of genomic
information is non-random. However, few discrete genomic loci
have been analysed for their spatial location, prompting the
The researchers, led by Attila Nmeth and
Gernot Lngst, examined the DNA network of the nucleolus, the
nucleus` largest sub-compartment, using sequencing, microarray
analysis, and single-cell analysis.
The work resulted in a high-resolution sequence
map of this nuclear structure, detailing the position of the
several thousand genes and non-coding sequences that form the
nucleolus within the three-dimensional space of the nucleus.
"The results help us understand how nuclear
information is packaged into functional compartments of the
nucleus," the scientists said.
At the same time, they emphasise that this research
was confined to just two cell types, and that further studies
are needed to address the conservation of these packaging
mechanisms during evolution, and to monitor the developmental
dynamics of three-dimensional genome organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA