New MacBook Air `to hit market this month`
Taipei: The latest model of Apple`s ultra-light MacBook Air is scheduled to hit the market by the end of this month, media in the computer manufacturing hub of Taiwan reported on Tuesday.
The first shipment of the next-generation MacBook Air -- the thinnest line of Apple`s notebook computers, shorn of a hard drive and disc player -- will be 380,000 units, the Taipei-based Economic Daily News said.
An 11.6-inch model will account for 55 percent of the units in the first batch, and a 13.3-inch model the rest, according to the paper.
It said that about 90 percent of MacBook Airs would be assembled by Taiwan`s Quanta Computer, a leading contract computer manufacturer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...