New monetary policy soon, says Pranab
Pune: Finance minister Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday said the government will soon announce new monetary policy after having a discussion with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
"I will have discussion with the RBI Governor around Diwali," he told reporters here.
Mukherjee, who was here to campaign for the Congress for the state Assembly elections, hoped the series of fiscal and monetary stimulus given would "produce desired results".
On the outlook for the remaining three quarter of the financial year, the minister said he "expected" the economy to perform better.
"Some indications are available. Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) have substantially increased in the first three months. Industrial production has gone up by two percent in July", he added.
The negative trend in the exports too was showing a decline, the minister noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead