New monetary policy soon, says Pranab
Pune: Finance minister Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday said the government will soon announce new monetary policy after having a discussion with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
"I will have discussion with the RBI Governor around Diwali," he told reporters here.
Mukherjee, who was here to campaign for the Congress for the state Assembly elections, hoped the series of fiscal and monetary stimulus given would "produce desired results".
On the outlook for the remaining three quarter of the financial year, the minister said he "expected" the economy to perform better.
"Some indications are available. Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) have substantially increased in the first three months. Industrial production has gone up by two percent in July", he added.
The negative trend in the exports too was showing a decline, the minister noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA