New super bullet could end guerrilla warfare
London: A US firm has come up with a bullet that could give soldiers the upper hand while dealing with guerrilla warfare.
The XM25 Counter Defilade Target Engagement system, dubbed “The Punisher”, has already been used 200 times against the Taliban in Afghanistan, with stunning results as it fires further and more accurately.
Put simply, a soldier will be able to aim roughly where he suspects a guerrilla to be, and a computerised round will detonate.
The XM25, designed by US firm Alliant Techsystems, causes less collateral damage than a hand grenade, mortar shell or air attack.
“You can no longer shoot at American soldiers and then hide behind something - we’re going to reach you and touch you,” the Daily Express quoted Brig Gen Peter N Fuller of the US Army as saying.
“We disrupted two insurgents and silenced two machine gun positions,” said Major Christopher Conley, who was among the US Army personnel who tested the bullet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!