New TCS CEO for buyouts to build up strength, not just revenue
Mumbai: Making his strategies clear, new
chief of TCS N Chandrasekaran today said the company would
look for acquisitions, which will add to its capabilities, but
ruled out buyouts just for hiking revenues.
"If at all we have to increase the pace of growth, we
will have to leverage much stronger... we will grow our
organic growth potential. For that we will have to do
acquisitions to build up capabilities," he told reporters
after taking charge as Tata Consultancy Services CEO here.
For acquisitions, Chandrasekaran cited Europe and Japan
as possible geographies, but said the company would not go for
any buyouts just "in terms of buying revenue".
The company`s focus would be mainly on leveraging its
tools on the back of strong organic growth. It would work on
delivering performance, which would translate to better
shareholder values, he said.
"A major task is to leverage our potentials... we will
certainly leverage our full service offerings and go for
larger deals, where we can help out clients," he said.
The USD six billion IT major, which has 1.4-lakh
employees, is listed on the National Stock Exchange and Bombay
The new TCS CEO said the company, which is the country`s
largest software exporter, would continue to focus on emerging
markets where investments would be made to grow operations.
Chandrasekaran, who succeeds S Ramadorai, has served the
company as chief operating officer (COO) and executive
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing