New Zealand, Pakistan to meet in small-town Hawera
Wellington: The Davis Cup Asia-Oceania Group II match between New Zealand and Pakistan will be played in Hawera, a provincial town with a population of 11,000.
New Zealand Tennis said that the July 9-11 was to be played in Pakistan, but was moved to New Zealand, with Pakistan`s consent, for security reasons.
Tennis New Zealand said the three-day match will be played on a temporary indoor hardcourt at the TSB Hub, a new stadium hosting an international sports event for the first time.
Hawera is in the predominantly dairy farming province of Taranaki.
New Zealand beat Sri Lanka 3-2 and Pakistan defeated Hong Kong 3-1 in the first round. The winner will play Thailand or Indonesia in September`s zonal final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test