New Zealand, Pakistan to meet in small-town Hawera
Wellington: The Davis Cup Asia-Oceania Group II match between New Zealand and Pakistan will be played in Hawera, a provincial town with a population of 11,000.
New Zealand Tennis said that the July 9-11 was to be played in Pakistan, but was moved to New Zealand, with Pakistan`s consent, for security reasons.
Tennis New Zealand said the three-day match will be played on a temporary indoor hardcourt at the TSB Hub, a new stadium hosting an international sports event for the first time.
Hawera is in the predominantly dairy farming province of Taranaki.
New Zealand beat Sri Lanka 3-2 and Pakistan defeated Hong Kong 3-1 in the first round. The winner will play Thailand or Indonesia in September`s zonal final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred