Newborn declared dead twice at govt hospital in MP
Bhopal: A newborn was declared dead twice
at the biggest government hospital in Madhya Pradesh here but
was found to be alive just before he was to be buried, his
father alleged, but the doctors denied his claim.
Manoj Sharma alleged that it was negligence on the
part of doctors who not only declared his son dead twice but
also issued a death certificate. The baby, however, was again
declared dead today after being readmitted twice and was
handed over to the parents.
Dr Rajan of the Child Surgery Department in the Hamidia
Hospital said the baby boy was weak and underweight when he
was admitted o the hospital.
An operation was conducted on the baby boy, he said
said without elaborating further.
Sharma said he had taken his wife, Deepti to the local
Gaur Hospital after delivery where they were told that the
baby was experiencing difficulty in breathing.
The baby was then taken to the Hamidia Hospital where
an operation was performed on him and after this, doctors
declared him dead yesterday, Sharma alleged.
The father said that when he came out of the hospital
with the baby, he felt that its hand was moving and he was
also crying softly.
However, a doctor on duty claimed that the child did
not survive after the surgery and was dead when he was brought
the second time by the father but to pacify the agitated
parents "we did a check-up. There was no sign of life".
Sharma claimed he again saw signs of life when he took
the baby for last rites at Vishram Ghat and brought it back to
the same hospital as he could not afford a private hospital.
However, the doctor, who did not wish to be identified,
said "When the third time, the baby was brought to hospital,
the parents created a scene. Just to pacify them we again took
the child but there were no signs of life."
The parents left with the body.
"I again went back to the hospital with the baby where
doctors declared him dead once again after two hours," Sharma
Hospital doctors later claimed that Sharma was
untraceable and nothing is known what was done to the baby.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark