Newborn declared dead twice at govt hospital in MP
Bhopal: A newborn was declared dead twice
at the biggest government hospital in Madhya Pradesh here but
was found to be alive just before he was to be buried, his
father alleged, but the doctors denied his claim.
Manoj Sharma alleged that it was negligence on the
part of doctors who not only declared his son dead twice but
also issued a death certificate. The baby, however, was again
declared dead today after being readmitted twice and was
handed over to the parents.
Dr Rajan of the Child Surgery Department in the Hamidia
Hospital said the baby boy was weak and underweight when he
was admitted o the hospital.
An operation was conducted on the baby boy, he said
said without elaborating further.
Sharma said he had taken his wife, Deepti to the local
Gaur Hospital after delivery where they were told that the
baby was experiencing difficulty in breathing.
The baby was then taken to the Hamidia Hospital where
an operation was performed on him and after this, doctors
declared him dead yesterday, Sharma alleged.
The father said that when he came out of the hospital
with the baby, he felt that its hand was moving and he was
also crying softly.
However, a doctor on duty claimed that the child did
not survive after the surgery and was dead when he was brought
the second time by the father but to pacify the agitated
parents "we did a check-up. There was no sign of life".
Sharma claimed he again saw signs of life when he took
the baby for last rites at Vishram Ghat and brought it back to
the same hospital as he could not afford a private hospital.
However, the doctor, who did not wish to be identified,
said "When the third time, the baby was brought to hospital,
the parents created a scene. Just to pacify them we again took
the child but there were no signs of life."
The parents left with the body.
"I again went back to the hospital with the baby where
doctors declared him dead once again after two hours," Sharma
Hospital doctors later claimed that Sharma was
untraceable and nothing is known what was done to the baby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh