Newcastle ease away from danger with win at Birmingham
London: Goals from Peter Lovenkrands and Leon Best helped Newcastle United to a 2-0 win at Birmingham City as they moved further away from the Premier League drop zone on Tuesday.
Lovenkrands was on hand at the near post to tuck away a Jonas Gutierrez cross after two minutes and Best headed in another centre from the Argentine five minutes after halftime to lift Newcastle to ninth in the table with 35 points.
Birmingham remained 14th on 30 points but have played one game fewer than Newcastle`s 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister