Newcastle eying Man U’s Berbatov
London: Newcastle is eager to sign striker Dimitar Berbatov in the wake of media reports that he wants to move out of Old Trafford.
According to a leading daily, Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is ready to meet United``s 7.5 million pound demand.
Newcastle, in fact, has been looking for a striker after Andy Carroll was sold to Liverpool for 35 million pound in January.
Berbatov, 30, won the Golden Boot this season along with Manchester City``s Carlos Tevez after hitting 20 league goals, but he was inexplicably left out of Saturday``s Champions League final against Barcelona.
Now he wants a club where he is regarded as the main man and not someone down the pecking order.
Newcastle, meanwhile, have landed French midfielder Yohan Cabaye from Lille for 4.3 million pounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi