Newcastle eying Man U’s Berbatov
London: Newcastle is eager to sign striker Dimitar Berbatov in the wake of media reports that he wants to move out of Old Trafford.
According to a leading daily, Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is ready to meet United``s 7.5 million pound demand.
Newcastle, in fact, has been looking for a striker after Andy Carroll was sold to Liverpool for 35 million pound in January.
Berbatov, 30, won the Golden Boot this season along with Manchester City``s Carlos Tevez after hitting 20 league goals, but he was inexplicably left out of Saturday``s Champions League final against Barcelona.
Now he wants a club where he is regarded as the main man and not someone down the pecking order.
Newcastle, meanwhile, have landed French midfielder Yohan Cabaye from Lille for 4.3 million pounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon