Newcastle eying Man U’s Berbatov
London: Newcastle is eager to sign striker Dimitar Berbatov in the wake of media reports that he wants to move out of Old Trafford.
According to a leading daily, Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is ready to meet United``s 7.5 million pound demand.
Newcastle, in fact, has been looking for a striker after Andy Carroll was sold to Liverpool for 35 million pound in January.
Berbatov, 30, won the Golden Boot this season along with Manchester City``s Carlos Tevez after hitting 20 league goals, but he was inexplicably left out of Saturday``s Champions League final against Barcelona.
Now he wants a club where he is regarded as the main man and not someone down the pecking order.
Newcastle, meanwhile, have landed French midfielder Yohan Cabaye from Lille for 4.3 million pounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof