Newcastle eying Man U’s Berbatov
London: Newcastle is eager to sign striker Dimitar Berbatov in the wake of media reports that he wants to move out of Old Trafford.
According to a leading daily, Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is ready to meet United``s 7.5 million pound demand.
Newcastle, in fact, has been looking for a striker after Andy Carroll was sold to Liverpool for 35 million pound in January.
Berbatov, 30, won the Golden Boot this season along with Manchester City``s Carlos Tevez after hitting 20 league goals, but he was inexplicably left out of Saturday``s Champions League final against Barcelona.
Now he wants a club where he is regarded as the main man and not someone down the pecking order.
Newcastle, meanwhile, have landed French midfielder Yohan Cabaye from Lille for 4.3 million pounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders