Newcastle lose defender Taylor for three months
London: Newcastle United`s preparations for their Premier League return have suffered a blow with defender Steven Taylor ruled out for three months following shoulder surgery.
The versatile defender dislocated his left shoulder in a friendly against Carlisle United on July 17, the club said on their website on Thursday.
Newcastle, who won promotion back to the Premier League last season, bolstered their defensive options on Wednesday by signing former England and Arsenal centre-back Sol Campbell on a one-year deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH