Newcastle lose defender Taylor for three months
London: Newcastle United`s preparations for their Premier League return have suffered a blow with defender Steven Taylor ruled out for three months following shoulder surgery.
The versatile defender dislocated his left shoulder in a friendly against Carlisle United on July 17, the club said on their website on Thursday.
Newcastle, who won promotion back to the Premier League last season, bolstered their defensive options on Wednesday by signing former England and Arsenal centre-back Sol Campbell on a one-year deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America