Newcastle lose defender Taylor for three months
London: Newcastle United`s preparations for their Premier League return have suffered a blow with defender Steven Taylor ruled out for three months following shoulder surgery.
The versatile defender dislocated his left shoulder in a friendly against Carlisle United on July 17, the club said on their website on Thursday.
Newcastle, who won promotion back to the Premier League last season, bolstered their defensive options on Wednesday by signing former England and Arsenal centre-back Sol Campbell on a one-year deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey