Newcastle lose defender Taylor for three months
London: Newcastle United`s preparations for their Premier League return have suffered a blow with defender Steven Taylor ruled out for three months following shoulder surgery.
The versatile defender dislocated his left shoulder in a friendly against Carlisle United on July 17, the club said on their website on Thursday.
Newcastle, who won promotion back to the Premier League last season, bolstered their defensive options on Wednesday by signing former England and Arsenal centre-back Sol Campbell on a one-year deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days