Newcastle stun Arsenal with four-goal comeback
London: Newcastle United produced an astonishing fightback to draw 4-4 at home to Arsenal on Saturday after trailing 4-0 with just 26 minutes gone in the Premier League on Saturday.
Second-placed Arsenal were cruising with Robin van Persie twice on target but after Abou Diaby was sent off the home side struck four times to grab an unlikely point and leave the Gunners four points behind leaders Manchester United.
Carlos Tevez scored a hat-trick before halftime for third-placed Manchester City in a 3-0 win against West Bromwich Albion, twice converting from the penalty spot.
Fifth-placed Tottenham Hotspur moved level on points with Chelsea after a last gasp 2-1 home victory over Bolton Wanderers while sixth-placed Sunderland suffered a 3-2 defeat at Stoke City after twice leading.
Louis Saha scored four times in Everton`s 5-3 home win against Blackpool, Wigan Athletic beat Blackburn Rovers 4-3 and Aston Villa and Fulham drew 2-2 as 38 goals hit the net up and down the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...