Newcastle`s Gutierrez out of Argentina`s qualifiers
Buenos Aires: Argentina midfielder Jonas Gutierrez will miss next month`s World Cup qualifiers against Brazil and Paraguay with a leg muscle injury, team doctor Donato Villani said.
Gutierrez, one of coach Diego Maradona`s first choice players, was injured playing for Newcastle United in the English League Cup on Wednesday.
"Jonas Gutierrez suffered a muscle injury in his right leg playing for his club and will not be able to take part in the national team`s next commitments against Brazil and Paraguay, scheduled for September 5 and 9," Villani told the Argentine Football Association`s website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- DNA: Till when will politicians play the 'appeasement' card to pacify minorities?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials