Newly-elected SAD MLAs to meet on Mar 8
Chandigarh: With the SAD-BJP alliance
storming back to power in Punjab, Shiromani Akali Dal chief
Sukhbir Singh Badal has called a meeting of newly-elected
legislators on March eight which will be followed by a meeting
of the core committee of the party.
A joint meeting of the two allies, which notched up a
historic win in the state assembly election, will also be held
on the same day.
The newly-elected SAD MLAs will meet at 10 AM here,
party spokesman Daljit Singh Cheema said.
This will be followed by the party`s core committee
meeting at 6 P M, he said.
The joint meeting of the two allies will also be held
before the SAD`s core committee meeting, Cheema said
Bucking the anti-incumbency trend, the SAD-BJP combine
notched up a tally of 68 seats in the 117-member House.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed