News Corp plans shakeup of Star Asian TV: Report
London: News Corporation is planning a sweeping shakeup of its Star Asian television operations, including a sharp cut in jobs in Hong Kong and the rest of the region, a media report said Friday.
James Murdoch, head of News Corp`s Asian and European operations, will head the shakeup as the group aims to cut costs and consolidate overlapping operations, the newspaper said, citing unnamed sources.
Star`s Indian operation, which generates the most profits for the group in Asia and reports to Hong Kong, will become independent and start reporting directly to James Murdoch.
News Corp aims to eliminate overlap between Star, which operates 60 channels in 13 languages and is distributed in 53 Asian countries, and Fox International channels which distributes the cable networks FX, National Geographic and other channels in the region.
The plans, yet to be finalised, are part of News Corp`s global rethinking of its business at a time when media consumption is moving online, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala