Next version of Android due in Oct or Nov: Google
San Francisco: The Ice Cream Sandwich release of Google`s Android operating system is set to arrive in October or November of this year according to Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt. Schmidt let the news slip during a cloud computing conference called Dreamforce in San Francisco.
While on stage Schmidt revealed, "we have a new operating system internally known as Ice Cream Sandwich for some reason which is being released in October or November, which everybody is very excited about."
The next version of Apple`s competing iOS, iOS 5, will arrive "this Fall." Rumors suggest the OS will be launched in early October).
The entire Dreamforce Keynote speech featuring Salesforce.com`s Marc Benioff and Google`s Eric Schmidt can be seen on YouTube.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!