Next version of Android due in Oct or Nov: Google
San Francisco: The Ice Cream Sandwich release of Google`s Android operating system is set to arrive in October or November of this year according to Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt. Schmidt let the news slip during a cloud computing conference called Dreamforce in San Francisco.
While on stage Schmidt revealed, "we have a new operating system internally known as Ice Cream Sandwich for some reason which is being released in October or November, which everybody is very excited about."
The next version of Apple`s competing iOS, iOS 5, will arrive "this Fall." Rumors suggest the OS will be launched in early October).
The entire Dreamforce Keynote speech featuring Salesforce.com`s Marc Benioff and Google`s Eric Schmidt can be seen on YouTube.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH