NHPC draws Rs 30,000-cr capex for 12th Five Year Plan
Mumbai: State-run NHPC has drawn up an ambitious Rs 30,000-crore capex plan for the 12th Five Year Plan to set up 14,000 MW of hydro-power projects.
"For the 12th Plan (from 2012-2017), we have kept a capex
of almost Rs 30,000 crore," NHPC Chairman and Managing
Director S K Garg told reporters here.
The power utility has earmarked a capex of Rs 4,600 crore
for the current fiscal, of which Rs 2,000 crore has already
The miniratna has lined up 16 projects with a total
capacity of 14,000 MW in Uttarakhand, Arunachal Pradesh and
Jammu and Kashmir for the next plan period, Garg said.
While the company intends to borrow 70 per cent of the
capital required, the remaining would be raised via equity.
"We will need Rs 9,000 crore as equity and the remaining
Rs 21,000 crore will be debt funding," he said.
NHPC, which raised Rs 6,037 crore through Initial Public
Offer last month, however, ruled out fund raising plans in the
The utility has an installed capacity of 5,175 MW and
aims to generate 20,000 MW of power by 2020.
"The Debang project (in Arunachal Pradesh) is a big
project of 3,000 MW and is likely to come in 2020," Garg said.
It will commission a 120 MW unit in Jammu and Kashmir in
December-January this year, which is part of its planned
generation of 17,200-million units in the current fiscal.
Besides, NHPC will commission three units of Subansiri
Lower aggregating to 750 MW in the current fiscal.
However, the remaining five units accounting for 1,250
MW will be commissioned only in 2013, behind schedule, Garg
"There is slight slippage in that project. It is likely
to come in the first year of the 12th Plan. Another 800 MW of
Parvati II will come (on stream) by 2013 March," Garg said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users