NHPC shares to be listed on Sept 1
Mumbai: Shares in hydropower generator NHPC will be listed on September 1 on the Bombay Stock Exchange, the website of the exchange showed.
The state-run utility`s IPO for up to USD 1.25 billion was subscribed over 20 times, and was priced at the higher end of the price band at 36 rupees per share.
This strong response for the first IPO by a state-run firm in 18 months would embolden the government to hurry up stake sales in more firms.
Explorer Oil India Ltd plans to raise as much as Rs 27.8 billion through an IPO next month, making it the second state-run firm to offer new shares to the public this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka