NHPC shares to be listed on Sept 1
Mumbai: Shares in hydropower generator NHPC will be listed on September 1 on the Bombay Stock Exchange, the website of the exchange showed.
The state-run utility`s IPO for up to USD 1.25 billion was subscribed over 20 times, and was priced at the higher end of the price band at 36 rupees per share.
This strong response for the first IPO by a state-run firm in 18 months would embolden the government to hurry up stake sales in more firms.
Explorer Oil India Ltd plans to raise as much as Rs 27.8 billion through an IPO next month, making it the second state-run firm to offer new shares to the public this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site