NHPC shares to be listed on Sept 1
Mumbai: Shares in hydropower generator NHPC will be listed on September 1 on the Bombay Stock Exchange, the website of the exchange showed.
The state-run utility`s IPO for up to USD 1.25 billion was subscribed over 20 times, and was priced at the higher end of the price band at 36 rupees per share.
This strong response for the first IPO by a state-run firm in 18 months would embolden the government to hurry up stake sales in more firms.
Explorer Oil India Ltd plans to raise as much as Rs 27.8 billion through an IPO next month, making it the second state-run firm to offer new shares to the public this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test